Thursday, 29th July, 2021
It's just ONE MONTH until Winter Pride 2021 kicks off in Queenstown and this year the Pride team is extending the reach into Wanaka more than ever! Read on for how you can get involved.
This means it's time to start planning what you will do to GET VISIBLE for ROLL OUT THE RAINBOW.
While the festival is domestic only now due to the bubble closure, we still expect thousands of kiwis to participate in events across the festival, and of course, people will be posting on social!
So we encourage you to start getting ready from the start of August for the 27 August festival start. For Pride Pledge and Winter Pride supporters - this is all about getting involved, being loud and proud, and most important being VISIBLE.
In conjunction with Winter Pride and Lake Wanaka Tourism, we are encouraging businesses to get involved in Wanaka and show aroha to our pride visitors. Let's paint the town rainbow and share your images using the tags #winterpridenz #ignitewanaka and #LoveWanaka
So, here's a range of ideas to get the ball rolling....
- Fly your Rainbow Flag (s) somewhere visible for everyone to see (all pride pledge supporters should have these)
- Make sure you have your Pride Pledge door/window sticker visible along with your certificate. (Winter Pride sponsors will be given Official Winter Pride stickers too in the coming weeks)
- Do an awesome Pride focussed deal/offer, or advertising opportunity to show your support for Pride!
- Rainbow Dress your storefront, office, bar, cafe, gym - anywhere you live and work with something Rainbow;
- Get your staff involved in being visible with wearing something Rainbow for the month, or have a staff event dressing in Rainbow theme;
- Build Rainbow awareness and launch something new during Pride month – such as pronouns on email signatures, gender neutral bathrooms, hosting Rainbow awareness training session, announcing a new policy change. Please reach out to us if you need support or advice with any of these;
- Change your logo to being Rainbow for the month and shout about it on social media;
- Rainbow Decal your vehicle or some other prominent place so you can be seen!
- Rainbow light up your building
- Participate in events during Winter Pride - show your support.
- And there are loads of other things you can do, just adapt them to work for your business!
Winter Pride has also announced a new partnership with Westpac, who will be giving out FREE large Rainbow Flags (the new Progress Flag - image above) at Westpac branches in Queenstown, Frankton and Wanaka. This will start from Mid-August, so anyone who wants to get involved can and can fly the flag! This is a chance to raise awareness of The Pride Pledge and the importance of all year round visibility! We have hundreds to give out - more information to come!
In the meantime, thanks for your support, and make sure you head to www.winterpride.co.nz to download the schedule to get involved in events. There is something for everyone.