Wanaka Leadership Academy
Developing future Wanaka leaders...
The Leadership Academy enables participants to be better equipped for leadership roles and opportunities within your organisation, workplace or community. The academy has been running for many years now in Otago and Southland and we are proud to bring this programme to Wanaka for the first time in 2021 to start to develop a network of future leaders in our business and wider community.
What is the academy?
Participants of the academy will:
- Build and develop leadership capabilities through personal development over five weeks in a small group environment
- Learn from senior leaders through in-depth conversations, presentations and networking, while also building long-lasting relationships with other leaders in the academy
- Learn to view leadership through a broad range of lenses – from different sectors, industries, and different speakers and leaders
- Understand and develop your own leadership style, considering your values, ethics, personal story and experience to develop this through exploration and discussion
- Build a strong multisector alumni network of leaders in Southland and Otago, with access to other graduates and speakers on an ongoing basis.
Who may be interested?
The Leadership Academy is for people looking at developing their existing leadership experience and who have the potential for holding senior positions within organisations or in governance roles. Whether you are a team leader in a large organisation, a site supervisor or foreman, manager of a not-for-profit, running/managing a retail or bar outlet or simply taking that next step in your career, the academy will cover many areas and examples of leadership.
Upon completion of the five-week experiential and reflective learning sessions, attendees will have a good understanding of what is required to be a significant leader in their own organisation or in the wider community. Learning from our speakers and mentors, as well as the other attendees, the small group environment allows for one-on-one mentoring from some of the region’s most experienced leaders.
Each of the five sessions is led by two senior executives from significant Otago and Southland based organisations willing to share their story of leadership with the group. Attendees will benefit from the opportunity to interact with the presenters and build an ongoing connection with them through the Otago and Southland Leadership Academy alumni of over xxx graduates.
Groups are limited to a maximum of 14 participants. All refreshments are provided by our 'fuel partner', the wonderful Pembroke Patisseries, to ensure a healthy and active learning environment and participants receive a certificate of completion and celebratory lunch where you will graduate and receive your certificate
Leadership Academy graduates will also receive:
- Access to alumni only events throughout 2022 in Wanaka and around the region.
- Complimentary tickets to all Ignite Wanaka workshops and training events for 2022.
- Access to a closed Facebook page for alumni to share ideas, connect and continue the learning.
Each session will be held on Fridays from 9am to 3pm in Oct and Nov 2021 (final dates TBC) and active engagement in dialogue is expected. Groups are limited to a maximum of 15 participants. All refreshments are provided to ensure a healthy and active learning environment and participants receive a certificate of completion on the last day.
Cost: Total investment $1,500.00 +GST for five weeks of learning.
LINK Upper Clutha may be able to support community groups or not-for-profits to boost their capability. So please enquire about eligibility.
Payment Plans available. See below.
- Payment 1: $500+GST – Due on booking and before academy commences
- Payment 2: $500+GST – Due 20 October.
- Payment 3: $500+GST – Due 20 December.
We have been monitoring government updates regarding COVID-19 and are keeping up to date with Ministry of Health guidance with regard to events and public gatherings. For the latest updates on face-to-face courses and events please click here.