Wanaka Leadership Academy
Developing future Wanaka leaders...
The purpose of this programme, which is completed over eight weeks, is to provide leaders with the opportunity to build leadership capabilities through their own personal development and by learning from the experience of others.
The Leadership Academy enables participants to be better equipped for leadership roles and opportunities within your organisation, workplace or our community. The academy is open to anyone, not just Ignite members, but members will be given first priority for the 15 spaces.
What is the academy?
Participants of the academy will:
- Build and develop leadership capabilities through personal development over five weeks in a small group environment
- Learn from senior leaders through in-depth conversations, presentations and networking, while also building long-lasting relationships with other leaders in the academy
- Learn to view leadership through a broad range of lenses – from different sectors, industries, and different speakers and leaders
- Understand and develop your own leadership style, considering your values, ethics, personal story and experience to develop this through exploration and discussion
- Build a strong multisector alumni network of leaders in Southland and Otago, with access to other graduates and speakers on an ongoing basis.
Whether you are a team leader in a large organisation, a site supervisor or foreman, manager of a not-for-profit, running/managing a retail or bar outlet or simply taking that next step in your career, the academy will cover many areas and examples of leadership.
Who may be interested?
Upon completion of the eight-week experiential and reflective learning sessions, attendees will have a good understanding of what is required to be a significant leader in their own organisation or in the wider community. Learning from our speakers and mentors, as well as the other attendees, the small group environment allows for one-on-one mentoring from some of the region’s most experienced leaders.
Each two-hour sessions is led by a senior executives from significant Otago and Southland based organisations willing to share their story of leadership with the group. Attendees will benefit from the opportunity to interact with the presenters and build an ongoing connection with them through the Otago and Southland Leadership Academy alumni.
Groups are limited to a maximum of 15 participants.
At the end of the programme, participants will graduate and be invited to become a member of the Wanaka Leadership Academy Alumni.
Cost: Total investment $1,500.00 +GST for eight weeks of learning.
LINK Upper Clutha may be able to support community groups or not-for-profits to boost their capability. So please enquire about eligibility.
RBP - The Ignite Wanaka Leadership Academy is now registered with the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund through Regional Business Partners.
Management Capability Development Vouchers are only available through the Regional Business Partner Network (RBP) Growth Advisors. Vouchers may be provided to a business where the Growth Advisors have identified a need for management training as part of an action plan to support the business owner to grow and innovate their business.
For more information on the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund or to find your local Growth Advisor, go to www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz. Alternatively email Ignite Wanaka at email@example.com to find out more.